8 sessions – (February 20 to April 22, 2017)
Judy & Mike are certified by the B.C. Honey Producer’s Association to teach the certified beginner beekeepers course. There will be 8 sessions with 20 hours of instruction – 12 hours in the class room and 8 hours will be experiential hands on near or at the hives. Course fee of $230.00 will include a certificate at the end of the course and a one year membership to the B.C. Honey Producer’s Association, which provides an industry newsletter as well as linkages to the provincial and national beekeeping industry.
- Feb 20, 27, March 6, 13, Monday evenings, 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. lecture/hands on classroom
- April 1, 8, 15 & 22 Saturday mornings 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. working with the bees and hives
If you would like to receive more information on this certificate course, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is also a great way to learn about bees even if you are not planning on beekeeping at this time.
1. Introduction to Beekeeping
2. Beekeeping Management and Hive Manipulation
3. Diseases and Pests
4. Honey, Nectar, Pollen, and Pollination
5. Honey Harvesting, Marketing, Fall & Winter Management
6 . Hands on at the live honey bee colony
To register online follow the link below to an online application form, which you can print, fill out scan and email to email@example.com or mail to:
Campbell’s Gold Honey Farm and Meadery
P.O. Box 307, Aldergrove